Galvalume steel Roofing Fabrication and Installation in Dallas/Fort Worth
Galvalume Steel Fabrication and Installation
Galvalume is a metal roofing steel coated with a metal alloy consisting of 45% zinc and 55% aluminum. The combination of zinc and aluminum enhances the positive and negative effects of aluminum. This process creates a corrosion and heat-resistant barrier. Galvalume will resist rust, elements, and fire while providing a sturdy and protective covering.
The aluminum provides corrosion protection, and zinc provides durability. This combination makes Galvalume a practical choice for a metal roofing system or panel. The metal coating protects the steel from rusting and perforating as well.
Galvalume has a matte finish, often lending itself for use on commercial, agricultural and residential projects. Some consider Galvalume industrial/modern or rustic in appearance, and it is often used in contemporary offices, condominiums and restaurants.
Galvalume typically lasts much longer than galvanized steel. Galvalume often comes with a 25-year warranty; this cannot be provided with Galvanized steel.
Advantages of Galvalume Steel
- Galvalume steel is a low-maintenance metal known for high-performance durability.
- Readily Available
- Performs well in high temperatures
- Performs well in moist marine environments
- Insect (termite) resistant
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Can be fabricated in a variety of styles
- Fire-resistant – This could lead to lower insurance premiums.
- 35% Recyclable
Contact Alpine Sheet Metal Systems for your Galvalume Steel needs.